Last updated on March 11th, 2019
Formula / Ingredients6.4/10
Value For Money6.0/10
- Contains some good ingredients; Chromiun & Green Tea
- Can suppress appetite
- Some good reviews
- Limited appeal as a fat burner
- Weak formula
- Some bad reviews
- Some (minimal) side effects
Skinny Bird Hum Nutrition Review
In this review I will describe what Skinny Bird is, how it works, what is in it, possible side effects and guarantee and purchase information.
I will also summarize and give an opinion as to how it ranks amongst competitive products.
Dieting is never easy and the vast majority of searches for supplements on the internet all point to that fact. However, there are too many products out there all claiming the same benefits on weight loss.
We managed to get our hands on a bottle of Skinny Bird by Hum Nutrition, it’s a botanical fat burner supplement that caters to women who want to keep the fat away for good.
It wasn’t the cheapest product out there, so we’re assuming this stuff includes some of the most premium ingredients out there.
Is Skinny Bird by Hum Nutrition the female fat burner you’ve been looking for or is it just marketing hype?
The only way to find out is to conduct a thorough assessment of this product…
What is Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner and How Does it Work?
Skinny Bird Fat Burner is sold by Hum Nutrition, a female supplement company that boasts of having a nutritionist-approved line of products.
They state their product is vegan, gluten-free, all natural, and can help women lose weight using only plant extracts.
- Short ingredient list. Only four key compounds.
- Transparent. No prop blends here.
- Natural tag. It insists on guaranteeing “natural” everything.
- Low on minerals and vitamins. Chromium is the only useful addition here
Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner Key Ingredients
One capsule of Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner provides:
- Chromium. 200 mcg
- Caralluma fimbriata extract. 333 mg
- 5-HTP. 100 mg
- Green tea std. 50% caffeine. 66 mg
Other Ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), Rice Flour, Ascorbyl Palmitate
What’s in the Formula?
Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner only made use of four key ingredients, all of which they guarantee were sourced naturally.
- Chromium. Chromium is a trace element that functions as a blood sugar management aid in supplements. Because it helps manage blood sugar, chromium therefore indirectly helps us control our appetite.
- Caralluma fimbriata. Another herb believed to help suppress appetite. This takes up majority of the dosage, but human studies suggest you need upwards of 1000 mg a day for this to be of any use. On top of that, it takes more than two weeks for users to start feeling less hungry.
- 5-HTP. This is more of a nootropic that protects us from the stress of dieting, potentially giving us more appetite control.
- Green Tea. Standardized to 50% caffeine, this is an insignificant dosage of one of the fitness world’s most renowned ingredients. What’s more, they even standardized it wrong. You want this standardized to EGCG, the active compound that’s scientifically been proven to help improve fat burning efforts.
Skinny Bird Fat Burner’s goal is to simply suppress your appetite. That’s it. There are no other ingredients in this supplement that tell us it’s capable of more than just reducing cravings.
To be honest we would question if it will even work properly at all, given the total daily dosage is just 500 mg for this supplement.
In fairness, we like that Chromium is in a working dose, but this is the only ingredient with a dosage that’s based on clinical findings.
The Caralluma herb is still quite new and even if it does have scientific backing, the dosage we see isn’t even half the recommended. Even if it does work with such little dosage, we find it hard to believe it will work for a sustainable period.
5-HTP also looks to be under-dosed, only 100 mg instead of the 250 mg minimum we’re so used to seeing. You can forget about green tea or its caffeine content. Green tea’s minimum effective dose is at least 200 mg and that’s if the herb was standardized to EGCG.
Most fat burners have at least 2 or 3 ingredients with a 500 mg serving per day, but for Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner, it’s just 500mg for the whole blend! At $40 it seems the makers think they can get away with lowering the dosage for women but not the price.
Take 1 capsule, up to 3 times daily, 30 minutes before food.
Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Customer Feedback
- Helped keep the food away from my mouth.
- It curbed my appetite properly.
- Improved my weight loss efforts.
- Gave me a bad case of nausea and vomiting.
- Induces stomach pains and headaches.
- Too expensive without anything working.
Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner Key Ingredients Side Effects and Health Issues
According to many users, it seems Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner induces feelings of nausea, stomach pains, and headaches. We speculate this to be due to the Caralluma fimbriata as this herb is still largely novel in terms of supplemental use. Also, because it has the most dosage.
Where to Buy Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner
- One bottle (90 servings): $40.00
- Available online and in retail stores.
Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Guarantee
According to their website customers get full refunds from unopened products within the first 30 days of purchase. In case you opened them (which of course you will), you’ll be entitled to store credit if you send it back within 30 days of receiving it. Shipping fees can’t be refunded.
Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner Summary
Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner is a supplement filled with appetite-suppressing herbs. Its angle on fat burning and weight loss isn’t crazy.
In fact, the whole appetite suppressant and nootropic combo has been done hundreds of times in this industry. Because let’s face it: telling yourself you’re not hungry isn’t easy on both the body and the mind, so fat burners that not only help prevent you from overeating as well as remedy the stress of not eating is a respectable strategy.
While the fat burning strategy they used is tried and tested, Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner forgot about the dosaging part which ruined the overall experience for all of us.
The only real benefits we can think of in using Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner is that little bit of appetite suppression it provides. But then you would have to contend with the side effects many customers reported having.
What we’re trying to say is, don’t buy Hum Nutrition Skinny Bird Fat Burner. Not only is it too expensive for what it’s capable of, there’s also a good chance you might feel really awful side effects.
What are the Best Women's Fat BurnersWe have reviewed, tested and rated hundreds of diet products - do you want to know what are the top 3 brands? We use the personal experiences of users and their feedback - we also use the scientific data and clinical evidence.
- Kamalakkannan S, Rajendran R, Venkatesh RV, Clayton P, Akbarsha MA. Antiobesogenic and Antiatherosclerotic Properties of Caralluma fimbriata Extract. J Nutr Metab. 2010;2010:285301.
- Kuriyan R, Raj T, Srinivas SK, Vaz M, Rajendran R, Kurpad AV. Effect of Caralluma fimbriata extract on appetite, food intake and anthropometry in adult Indian men and women. Appetite. 2007;48(3):338-44.
- Anton SD, Morrison CD, Cefalu WT, et al. Effects of chromium picolinate on food intake and satiety. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2008;10(5):405-12.