Rockstar Abs Review
Rockstar Abs is an abdominal fat burner produced in the USA by Rockstar Nutrition, and it’s important potential customers be aware this is not the same company that produces the successful Rockstar energy drink.
Rockstar Nutrition also markets a number of other weight management supplements, but the company website only provides information about them. It’s impossible to buy from the site.
All sales are handled via Amazon.com and there’s a page on the Rockstar website that offers customers a free bottle of pills in exchange for a review.
Rockstar Abs contains Hoodia – this ingredient is banned in most European countries so a large part of it’s potential user base is gone.
The company makes it clear the offer is not dependent on the quality of the review, but offers like this are bound to muddy the water and cause uncertainty about the reliability of some of the positive reviews.
If the marketing material is to be believed, Rockstar Abs is used by rock stars, the rich and famous, and all manner of celebrities.
However, the company don’t mention any names and we were unable to find any news interviews with celebrities recommending the product.
What Is Rockstar Abs and How Does It Work?
As the name suggests, Rockstar Abs is intended to target fat that has built-up in the abdominal area.
If it can do this, Rockstar Abs could be a useful product because fat in the abdominal area is renowned for being very hard to shift.
Promised Benefits include:
- Toned and Tight Abs
- Fast Weight Loss
- Helps You Get Skinny
- Safe, Pure and All-Natural Weight Loss
- Helps You Get the Body of a Celebrity
Each capsule provides:
- Raspberry Ketones (30mg): A popular diet pill ingredient that suppresses hunger and provides fat burning benefits. There are two forms. The most powerful one is obtained from fruit. It’s incredibly expensive, so many manufacturers use a synthetic version that is cheap as chips but lacking in power. Rockstar does not state the origin of their extract.
- Green Coffee Bean (20mg): The chlorogenic acid provided by green coffee bean extracts has gained a lot of respect for its fat burning capabilities. It also controls insulin and blood sugar levels. This ability allows it to prevent sugar cravings. Research supports the value of green coffee bean extract given in 120-300mg doses, but the amount provided here is likely too low.
- Hoodia Gordonii (15mg): An ingredient that’s sourced from a species of succulent plant. Hoodia gordonii is often credited with appetite suppressing capabilities, but further study is needed.
- White Kidney Bean (10mg): One of the most respected carb blocking ingredients in the world and quite rightly so. White kidney bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) inhibits the enzyme necessary for breaking down carbohydrate, causing the nutrient to pass through the body without releasing any calories. Research shows 1000mg per day can work well. Three 10mg doses likely will not.
The rest of the ingredients are housed in a proprietary blend.
Proprietary Blend (250mg):
- Caffeine Anhydrous
- Garcinia Cambogia
- African Mango
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cayenne Pepper
- Papaya Leaf
The lack of inclusion rates for any of the proprietary blend ingredients is a big problem.
Most of them are known to be very good, but there are 12 in total and the inclusion rates are likely to be too low. However, caffeine has value as a fat burner and energy provider.
The thermogenic ability of cayenne makes it stand out as being one of the better inclusions as well, but none of the ingredients listed is likely to target the abdominal area in particular and even the best ingredients will fail if the amount provided is too low.
One capsule is required three times per day and should preferably be taken before a meal.
The back of the bottle states Rockstar Abs is only to be used by healthy adults.
Customer feedback is mixed.
A few average Rockstar Abs customer reviews read:
“I absolutely love this product. It’s great. You owe it to yourself to try it. I know you’ll be glad you did.”
“Totally a waste of time. If you’ve got money to waste give it to a local charity instead.”
“I’ve been using this for a month. I haven’t seen any changes to my body or weight, but I do feel a decline in my urges to snack, so I’m going to give it the benefit of the doubt, buy a follow up bottle, and use it for another month.”
“Save your money. These pills don’t work and there are drugstore alternatives that cost a lot less.”
Rockstar Abs Side Effects and Health Issues
Rockstar fails to state if any side effects have been reported, but they make it very clear the product should not be used by women who are pregnant or nursing a child or by anyone who is under 18 years of age.
People who have medical conditions are also warned to “refrain” from using the Rockstar Abs and anyone who has any questions or concerns is advised to consult a doctor prior to commencing supplementation.
Where to Buy Rockstar Abs
Like all Rockstar supplements, Rockstar Abs is exclusive to Amazon.com.
Each bottle contains a 30-day supply of pills but, unless you live in the USA or have access to an address there, you will be unable to buy Rockstar Abs because the company does not offer any international shipping options at all.
A 30-day money back guarantee is promised.
The Bottom Line
There is nothing essentially wrong with the ingredients used in Rockstar Abs.
The big problem is the inclusion rates.
The amount of green coffee bean extract and white kidney bean is certainly too low and we suspect the same is likely for many, if not all, of the constituents in the Rockstar Abs proprietary blend.
Customer reviews suggest the formulation may work for some users, but it could be that the people in question actually lost weight more through their efforts in other areas (diet and exercise) than through the use of the pills.
There are also plenty of people saying Rockstar Abs doesn’t work. It would make far more sense to buy a product where the majority of reviews are good. Preferably one that contains a few good ingredients included in respectable doses.