Bikini Me Review
Bikini Me is the perfect prepare to bare booster kit, according to its manufacturer Gabriela Peacock Nutrition (GPN).
The kit contains 3 days worth of sachets, which themselves contain either capsule, gels or drink blends.
The contents are comprised of ingredients that GPN promise can:
- Flatten your “tummy”
- Suppress your appetite
- Optimize your metabolism
- Balance your blood sugar
- Reduce free radical damage
- Provide anti-oxidant protection
Each Bikini Me pack is a selection of the following:
- Slim Me capsules
- Slim Me gel sachets
- Clean Me capsules
- Clean Me drink blend sachets
The company also notes that the product is Gluten, Dairy and Soya Free, and of course, completely vegan.
How Does Bikini Me Work?
Gabriela Peacock Nutrition talk about kickstarting your metabolism, making your radiance glow and getting powerful superfoods and antioxidants into your system.
As with nearly all products like this one, when you brush past the hype, it comes down to simple ingredients, their dosage, and timing.
The company highlights some of the ingredients they use as “Hero Actives”, including, Glucomannan, Iodine, Chromium, Manganese, Choline, Zinc, Copper and Selenium.
These are the principal ingredients that are supposed to help you curb your cravings, regulate blood sugar, increase your metabolism and so on.
The combination of these effects should help you come away with a calorie deficit at the end of the day.
The limited edition 3 day Bikini Me package comes with instructions on how to use the various inclusions over the course of the 72 hours.
Ingredients – What’s In Bikini Me?
There’s quite a lot of ingredients if you take all of the different sachets, capsules and drink mixes into consideration.
However we only really need pay attention to those “hero actives” to know where the company thinks their product’s strengths lie.
Glucomannan: this is a natural fiber which has been used for centuries to reduce hunger levels.
In modern supplements it’s added for the same reason.
The fiber absorbs a lot of fluid and so swells up in the stomach forming a gel-like mass which is meant to suppress your appetite due to the feedback signal that you are full.
It definitely works for some people, when they experience the emptiness feeling of calorie restriction.
- Iodine: here’s an essential mineral that is key for healthy thyroid hormone (T3 and T4) activity. People are rarely deficient in iodine and supplementation would only likely be necessary in some special cases.
- Chromium: another essential mineral, this time at the core of insulin regulation. Again, it’s another widely oversold supplement considering most people will never be deficient. Supplementation may help reduce binge eating though.
- Manganese: yet another essential mineral. It’s the primary constituent of a very important antioxidant enzyme.
- Choline: as the company says, it protects the liver from fatty acid accumulation, but it’s also used to improve cognitive function and muscle contraction.
- Zinc: a key micronutrient for survival, zinc strengthens the immune system and is an antioxidant. It is one of the more important ones to supplement for athletes because it is lost in sweat.
- Copper: necessary for the production of antioxidative enzyme, copper is prevalent in our diets and rarely is supplementation required.
- Selenium: another antioxidant which actually forms the backbone of some antioxidant enzymes.
There are a number of additional ingredients in the Clean Me and Slim Me complexes, including: Alpha lipoic acid, methionine, cysteine, CoQ10, green tea extract, green coffee extract, 5-HTP, capsicum.
Glucomannan at 3000mg appears to be the business end of Bikini Me and the most likely to have an appetite suppressing, and therefore weight loss, effect.
What’s the Verdict – Does Bikini Me Work?
The product is basically an expanded multi-vitamin, packaged to appeal to a female market.
Considering the dosages of the inclusions, the Glucomannan is probably the most effective ingredient in the whole formula. Glucomannan works for a lot of people, because it helps them to feel fuller from the meals they eat, given it reduces the free space in the stomach.
For others it’s not so successful if their overeating is emotionally triggered. For emotional binge eating, ingredients like 5-HTP are more useful. However, Bikini Me contains a small dose of 5-HTP and don’t even mention it in their marketing material.
If you lack a multivitamin, then Bikini Me might be a solution for you, and the added Glucomannan might help you control your portion size.
Whether you want to spend the money on the package as a whole on that basis is up to you. There are worse products on the market, but there are also much better ones.
If the sachets and overall theme of Bikini Me help you to adhere to a calorie deficit then you might consider it money well spent.